From earliest times plants are known to play an important part in every-day
life of man. We know plants to provide us with food, clothes, shelter and many
other necessary things. We are still as dependent upon plants as primitive man
was thousands years ago. Great necessity caused primitive man to grow plants.
And the cultivation of plants is thought to be closely connected with man’s
progress. In order to grow plants one had to settle down and to begin building
houses. Primitive men had few needs except food and clothing. Civilization has
increased man’s wants to a surprising extent. The man of today is no longer
satisfied with merely having food to eat and house to live in. He wants raw
materials, which can be made into useful things and products. Our food and
clothing are produced directly or indirectly by plants. Many animals feed on
plants and produce food and raw materials used by man. Without plant neither
animals nor men will be able to live. Many things we use in everyday life are
made from plants. The paper we write on, the clothes we wear, the tables we sit
at, all come from plants. Plants are used as timber in the making of furniture and
as fuel. Many drugs are made from plants.
Plant culture began a great many years ago. The most important plants in the
world are said to have been grown 4.000 years ago. There exist very many
species of plants. But the best known to most people are those that are useful to
men. They are grown and cultivated by farmers and are called farm crops. These
crops are used for many different purposes.
Some are used directly by man, some are consumed by animals, others are
used in industry and medicine. We can certainly expect new uses to be found and the value of other plants to be discovered.
1.Answer the questions.
- Why are plants so important in our life? Because plants to provide us with food, clothes, shelter and many other necessary things.
- Are we dependent upon plants? Yes
- What has civilization increased? The man of today is no longer satisfied with merely having food to eat and house to live in.
- What were primitive men’s needs? Primitive men had few needs except food and clothing.
- What is farm crop? The best known to most people are those that are useful to men. They are grown and cultivated by farmers and are called farm crops.
- What are the spheres of the usage of plants? These crops are used for many different purposes.Some are used directly by man, some are consumed by animals, others are used in industry and medicine.
2. Shelter, great necessity, many drugs, the value
3. Earliest times, crops, dependent upon plants, thousands years ago, to be closely connected with man’s progress, Primitive men…
- We know that plant provide us with food .
- We still depend on plants.
- If we want to cultivate this crop we must study its characteristics.
- These plants are used for feeding animal .
- cultivation of plants is connected with man’s progress.
5. 1.Some plants have been cultivated for over four thousand years
2.Plants provide us with food and clothing
3.Plants are the raw material from which we make various things
4. The most important plants are agricultural because they are used directly by humans
5.Many medicines are made from plants
6.The plants provide us with wood from which furniture, paper and other items are made
7.We know these plants well
8.To understand how a plant grows, you need to study botany
9.Agricultural crops are the most important plants in our lives